Sunday 3 January 2010

The Year Ahead


Yew trees and lake
 Mixed media
                                                                                                                
                                                                        
A New Year and a new start, out with the old and in with the new?

I won't list my goals for the year ahead as it puts the 'pressure' on and I don't really work well like that.  I prefer to work at my own pace and eventually I will get there in the end.  This is infuriating for those who know me!
Last year I did manage to achieve most of my personal goals which gives me a nice sense of satisfaction. But not everything goes as you hoped and when that happens you just have to pick yourself up and try again.  Onwards and upwards as they say!
Writing this blog helps  focus on what I want to achieve for 2010,  including new projects, activities and improving my art.  Reading other people's blogs  is also a source of constant inspiration.

The picture above was done from memory in pastel and coloured pencil, just to see how they worked together. Learning and trying out ideas always feature high on my list.

No comments: