Saturday 7 August 2010

Savage Harbour

Pen and Coloured pencil (14x9 cms)

This is Savage Harbour, Prince Edward Island for August's Virtual Paintout.

Each month artists get to explore somewhere in the world using Google Street View, then they choose a location or subject to paint or draw.   For the few hours it takes to find somewhere and draw it, I am a virtual tourist and get a bit of a feel for each country, island or city. 
All the artwork is posted on the Virtual Paintout Blog , hosted by Bill Guffey (the man behind Virtual Paintout).  It's fun to see the different locations chosen by other artists, sometimes I even recognise somewhere from my virtual travels!

7 comments:

The Artist's Husband said...

My wife does these on a regular basis. Its always fun to watch her cruising around on her little computer mouse, looking for that wonderful location to paint. I am nearing the decision to really try to start doing more artwork and this is one thing I look forward to. You've chosen a wonderful location and done a great job portraying it :)

Unknown said...

What a great idea, using Google View.! I love how you combined media for this piece!

Unknown said...

oh no what happened to Hong Kong? Don't tell me I've missed another month of VP.

This reminds me of the film made from Annie Proux novel (Shipping News) with it's big skies and cool colours. Nicely done.

K said...

I hear more and more about this wonderful group, Virtual Painting. Your sketch is lovely too.

Anonymous said...

perhaps when you find lovely places to paint, you should jump on the next plane!! A lovely picture.

Niki Jackson said...

Hi Cathy I've just come across your blog from the everyday matters group. I love your work! Great to see artists who still use coloured pencils. I will have to checkout this virtual paintout it looks like lot's of fun! Niki x

Ruth said...

Love your choice of subject. Composition is interesting. Nice job.