Thursday 12 January 2012

The Last Page! ( ArthouseSketchbook Project 2012)



Finally the last page for the Sketchbook project 2012 and it had to be the site of the ancient Phoenician town of  Solunto up on a nearby hill.  Most of  what you can actually see there dates from around 256 BC when the Romans took possession after the First Punic War.

My theme was encyclopedia of...    I used this title to make an encyclopedia of secret places (or places with a secret).




Sketchbook Cover

THE END

14 comments:

Studio at the Farm said...

What a fascinating site to be able to sketch!

Ann said...

Wonderful drawing and what a beautiful sketchbook! I don't know how you can part with it!

bettyfromtexas said...

It's glorious, Cathy!! I can't wait to see it in person!

Anonymous said...

Hello Cathy,
Right from the start I knew this was going to be amazing. I would love to be able to sit down and look through this book from start to finish.
Stew.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on reaching the end of a lovely sketchbook!
Sue

Melliott said...

Love it all. Great cover, too!

Annett's Sketchbook said...

Beautiful drawings and a great theme. Love the cover.

shandy said...

I love the images on your blog. You have a great talent.

Cathy Holtom said...

Thank you all for the kind comments, all European sketchbooks will be on display in London this year, I'm quite keen to see them myself!

Anonymous said...

wow, great final pages. love the old men on a bench.

debra morris said...

Lovely final pages Cathy, congratulations on finishing!

Barbara B said...

Yay! Good for you. The last page and the cover are lovely.

Unknown said...

Congratulations. The final illo and the cover look fabulous.

Sandra said...

You did it! And such a beautiful sketchbook:)