Sunday 7 June 2015

The postman bought me some goodies!



Here is my new Koi pocket field sketch box by Sakura.  This is the middle size with 18 colours, it comes complete with a Koi waterbrush and dinky sponges to wipe the brush on.
What I like about this set is the detachable mixing palette that can be attached to either side of the box and the possibility to use the lid as a mini easel for a small sketchbook or postcard sized watercolour paper. It can all be held on one hand using the thumb ring underneath.
The colours are bright and mix well although I did read that the orangey colour is fugitive. 





It wasn't expensive and is well made apart from the plastic insert that contains the paint, which is flimsy.
You can see how I tested it out in my previous post, but it was fun and comfortable to use.





This week my book arrived from the sketchbook project.. I had to have a copy seeing as one of my sketches was included. Page 137 for the record!


It's an interesting book, very creative and inspiring full of so many different styles and ideas, so I'm glad I bought it!







3 comments:

Laura said...

These goodies look fun. Lucky you. Congrats on getting a sketch in print.

Sue Clinker said...

Congratulations on your sketchbook entry Cathy.

Polly Birchall said...

Lovely to hear you are in a book! And the new equipment looks really interesting. Never heard of it.